God's Easter Celebration
On my very first day of my new job, I was having transport problems. Dad was supposed to pick me up but I decided to ask T. I called up dad and he was in hospital. He had cut off his finger.
However, his condition worsened after few days. On Friday, we were really worried. He was very ill. That was good friday. On Sunday, my mum had to work as her colleague had gone abroad. My sister had to work as she had taken quite a number of days off. It was my responsibility then. I wanted to go Easter service. I did not know any better way anyway.
Somehow, I managed to ask my dad to change and dragged him to service (with great difficulty though, since he always turned back to sleep). During service, he was mostly unconscious. For the first song, he was awake. After that, he was unconscious. A sister sitting besides me noticed and asked me regarding the condition. After the sermon was done, she prayed for him. Then she asked me to ask for support. Wow, I asked for an usher. Then, the whole team of intercessors from KK came and prayed. He vomitted twice, I think. After that, we went home. He was back in half-conscious state. This went on for more than two days.
On Monday night, he finally slept after my sis and i prayed. I was told he was well on tuesday morning, but in the evening, he had a relapse. He refused to take medication and we took him to hospital for a jab and the medication. Again, he went to a deep sleep. Then..he slept more on wednesday. Rev, an uncle and an aunt came to visit. A sister came also on Monday. They chit chatted with mum and learnt more of the situation. Dad woke up at around dinnertime. For some reason we do not know, he said grace for his dinner. I was told by auntie na (who lived with us for 20 plus years already) that dad asked for forgiveness on tuesday after he awaken from his sleep. Miracles of miracles...We did not know what was happening. That particular moment, my dad wanted to accept God. Mum and sis followed in agreement. When the whole family prays with the aunt, uncle and Rev who came. It was a beautiful sight! T was here, but he went off to help an auntie somewhere with computer.
God has fought the battle and He has triumphed. Yes, they still need prayers and need help in commitment, but isn't this the Lord's workings? GOD indeed marked his Easter's resurrection with another triumph. I am sure there are other triumphs too.
GREAT AND AWESOME GOD! WE PRAISE YOUR NAME ON HIGH!

2 Comments:
lychee, I'm happy that you're posting again. It encourages me to learn to have a relationship with God.
love,
your cuzzie.
those things you've written they're certainly the workings of god =D
Post a Comment
<< Home