Saturday, February 02, 2008

Creation's HIS handiwork

It was just lastnight I went to bed, feeling depressed. I woke up in pretty late for a morning, well, early for a Saturday morning though. The view that greeted me caught me by surprise. What my window showed me was a whole landscape covered with snow. My flatmate told me the roads were snow covered earlier and they have to clear them off with a truck.

R intercepted me and invited me for photo-taking. Out of shower, Yo did the same. I would say I feel blessed and happy to have been asked.

Walking along the path was beautiful. The park was white. We were all surprised. Lastnight, when I came back around 9pm, there was no hint of snow. Yet today, we left out footprints in the snow. We broke ice below the snow. At the pond, we saw tiles of ice. There was a block outside of the pond, which was very thick, around 1.5cm thick and it was a huge block. We played and tried cracking the ice with our boots.

While I was walking in the snow, I could not helped but was really awed by all the view. Yo said Scotland is beautiful. It is. It is. It was amazing, amazed because things just turned within a night. Just one night and the whole landscape was snowy white. When we went out, the sun was out there as well.

Sun and snow at the same time. It was a beautiful combination. The warmth of the sun, the brightness of snow. I thought I was just scribbling about 'HE rose the sun' and I thought it was just nicely put and happened.

We scribbled little words on the snow. I scribbled a hi! on someone's car with my finger, which was snow covered. Anyway, that person has to clean off the car before he/she can drive. hehe...

We tried making a snowman. An extreme tiny snowman, which Yo said looked more like a snowbird. *_* Hehe...so, yep, we built our funny weird-looking snowbird and R lifted the one left behind by someone and put two little 'snowbirds' together.

On walking back, we were freezing cold. Our snowball fight were more like snow flakes fight. The snow were too fine and to make snowballs was an effort we did not bother. So we played with the flakes more. Hands were numb from touching the snow and trying to make our 'snowbird'.

We decided to stop for something hot. Cappuccino! for three of us.

As I walked back, I was amazed. Lastnight and today, a total contrast. Life's unpredictable. It's beautiful today, totally beautiful.

Creation shouts HIS handiwork. The Sun and the snow. Lastnight, despite what I felt, the stars were glittering in the sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home